Please contact me if you would like me to review an event, product, venue... or anything else for that matter.

Benicks @ The Chequers Inn, Woolmer Green

I've been here many times now, and every meal I've eaten here has been delicious. 

Alongside their A la carte and bar menus, The Chequers also has a pie night on Wednesdays where you can enjoy a large chunk of homemade pie, with a choice of potatoes and vegetables.  Pie filings vary each week and have included steak and ale, steak and stilton, chicken and leek, sausage and onion, steak and kidney, wild boar, goat curry, and red onion and mushroom.  The portions are plentiful, and for only £5 per head (for pie), I think you will find yourself satisfied.

There are always tempting puddings available on the board if you fancy something sweet, but I've never managed to find room for pie and pudding.  However, if the honeycombe cheese cake is on the board, there is no way you can resist.

Make sure you book in advance, The Chequers is always popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment