Please contact me if you would like me to review an event, product, venue... or anything else for that matter.

Yours to taste: Regent's Canal - Sunday 23rd August 2009

This was a free event organised by British Waterways London "to highlight the vibrant hub of East London's canals and the attractions around them." www.waterscape.com

An enjoyable day that brought people out in their thousands to sample the tasty treats that the beautifully hot day had to offer.

Unfortunately many restaurants were not prepared for how popular the event turned out to be, and ran out of food by 1.30pm. While this was a shame, the food I did taste was delicious.

My favourite stop of the day was La Figa, The Mosaic, Narrow Street (www.lafiga.co.uk). Their pizzas are amazingly crispy and flavoursome, and from what I am told (not being a mushroom fan myself), the button mushrooms in chilli and garlic butter were unparalleled.

I won't hesitate to join in any similar events in the future. It was overall a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment